What is SOS Children’s Village Kosova
SOS Children’s Village currently offers shelter, adequate care and education for around 160 children through four projects:
- Centre for short and middle-term placement of children in need
- SOS Family Strengthening Programme
- SOS Kindergarten
In January 2007, SOS Children’s Village launched a new programme – The Family Strengthening Programme. The programme aims to prevent child abandonment by their families and communities. This will be achieved by helping families build their capacities to protect and care for their children and by strengthening safety nets for children in need and for their families within their respective communities.
How we support this Project
- The provision of food and medication for vulnerable families identified by the Family Strengthening Programme
- Assisting financially with teaching the English language to 25 families of the Family Strengthening Programme and financial support for the running of the Pre-School Programme in the Matiqan and Vranjevc Projects
- Where possible providing financial assistance for emergency pratical help for the Family Strengthening Programme Families and organising joint activities for mothers and children.
In return the Family Strengthening Programme will provide regular inputs and information on the progress achieved with the families to the Kosova Support Group.